Happy November 1st!! It’s officially the month of Thanksgiving and now is the time to appreciate everything positive in our lives.
Interesting Thanksgiving Facts:
- How did the tradition of watching football on Thanksgiving start?
- The NFL started the Thanksgiving Classic games in 1920 and since then the Detroit Lions and the Dallas Cowboys have hosted games on Thanksgiving Day. In 2006, a third game was added with different teams hosting.
- When did the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade begin?
- In 1924 it began with 400 employees marching from Convent Ave to 145th street in New York City. No large balloons were at this parade, as it featured only live animals from Central Park Zoo.
- Has Thanksgiving always been the fourth Thursday in November?
- President Abe Lincoln said Thanksgiving would be the fourth Thursday in November, but in 1939 President Roosevelt moved it up a week hoping it would help the shopping season during the Depression era. It never caught on and it was changed back two years later.
- Was Thanksgiving always meant to be a Feast?
- No, it was almost a fast. The early settlers gave thanks by praying and abstaining from food, which is what they planned on doing to celebrate their first harvest, that is, until the Wampanoag Indians joined them and turned their fast into a three-day feast.
(facts provided by: http://allparenting.com/my-life/articles/969379/20-thanksgiving-fun-facts-to-teach-kids)
For the month of November we are offering FREE Domestic Shipping on all Celestial Star, Tri-Star, and Leo Minor LED orders received by 11/30. Don’t miss out on this deal!!
What are you currently Thankful for?